Real family time

syboken

When you can laugh and joke and play and still communicate and enjoy it, that's real family time. Lately it seems like too many people are plugged in that there is no real time anymore. What gives?

Jaxon

I guess a lot of people feel it's more important to keep up with the Jones' with their electronics, than spending quality time with each other. That's the only thing I can think of.

lamant

A neighbor of mine across the way is exactly like that. Everything must be on the up and up, there is never a dull moment, everyone has to have the latest everything. It all to me just seems like too much too quick and a large waste of money and time.

vince

My grandfather is actually this way. He always has to have the best of the best and then brag about it to the whole family. I would rather spend the time with my family enjoying each other.

sid

It's (just) a decision to spend time with family

When you can laugh and joke and play and still communicate and enjoy it, that's real family time. Lately it seems like too many people are plugged in that there is no real time anymore. What gives?
I'm guilty of this. The way I made up for this was to decide to spend time with my family. Like, I'd treat time with family as an appointment with an important client that I need to impress all the time.

What brought me to that point was the day I had dinner with my previous boss and his business partner. They both brought their wives and kids to the restaurant. I found myself giggling with their kids and chatting with their wives. Then it just hit me: why was I not doing that for my own?

Decision.