RElationship with your dad

Andersson

As funny as it sounds, very non-existent for the most part. This could be why I make the choice to do better than him when I had kids of my own, taking responsibility for ones actions goes a long way you know.

Scooter

My bio dad left when I was five. I have a step dad, but relations were not good at all. I think that my fractured relationship with my father is part of the reason I am having such a tough time being a step-dad. I hope I can learn to do a thousand times better than either of my dads.

Bobby

I had a close relationship with my dad when I was growing up and still do. He was very involved with me in coaching sports and we liked a lot of the same things. He wasn't afraid to get down on the floor and wrestle or watch videos with me when I was younger.

encryptedbytes

My father left when I was pretty young and my step father was pretty abusive, so I really had no father relationship and had to make do with uncles, friends' fathers, and television/movies for cues on "being a man".

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I may be the minority, and have a pretty good relationship with him I think. We still talk, and he still teaches me things, mostly home repair and stuff like that. I have no real complaints.

kreso93

Well, it wasn't really a good one, we had our ups and downs. But now it seems like it's all normal and he seems like he changed.

Victor Leigh

My father was my best buddy. Seriously. I was his doubles partner in playing badminton and table-tennis, both games which he taught me. He took me just about everywhere he went.

sreekumar

My father and me were friends in almost all matters. I used to seek guidance from him in all matters and there was no curtain between us. He took me to all fields of his endeavors and trained me well before he left. In fact we were just joking few minutes before he left. In a hospital bed we were merrily casting remarks on other patients and there standby assistants. All on a sudden he developed angina and was taken inside ICU from where his dead body was taken out.

I for myself follow same steps of my father and my sons are my best friends and me for them too.

Lorenzo

My dad was the greatest, until he went off with another woman and had four kids with her. As if that wasn't enough, he cut off all communication with us. Growing up was hard, I admit, because of a lack of a father figure. We don't have divorce where I'm from so my parents are still married up to this day, even if they live separate lives. Anyhow, things are okay between my father and I. I was the one who reached out to him when I was a bit older. He did love us and taught us a lot of good values, my mom never let us forget that.

June11th

Growing up, my Dad worked very hard and my Mum stayed at home. Obviously I was closer to my Mum for those reasons. Then I hit about 10, and my Mum was away a lot too as she'd also started work (and her job involved travelling for weeks on end.) During these times my Dad was around more as he worked 12 hour days and was at home every night so I our relationship became better.

Now - I'm very close with both of them...I value the fact that they both worked so hard, but I think I'll hope to be at home more for my child when she arrives. Or I'll try to be, but I caught a similar bug to my parents as I hit adult life. One my wife complains a lot about...

Must.break.cycle.