Running Everywhere With Dad

Lefty

I have a little girl and I am generally home during the day because I work evening shift. My wife works days so we both watch our daughter during the day. I have never made a difference with taking her everywhere with me. At 4 years of age, she has become the favorite visitor of many of the guys and gals at gas stations, junk yards and lumber yards. Whatever I've had to do, I take her with me to do. I love that time. Do you all do this too? I'm afraid I'm making her into a tomboy but my wife says she needs to learn these things to.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I see no problem with it. My daughter goes a lot of places with me.

BigJohn

I think she likes just hanging out with her Dad no matter what there is to do. If you want to make things a little more well rounded, ask your daughter if there's somewhere she wants to go or something else she wants to do on a day where you have soem free time.

Adam

Sounds just like my daughter as well. My wife is also worried that our daughter may become a bit of a tomboy, and all I have to say to that is.."Who Cares? What's wrong with that?".

Glenn

My daughter is only one, but she already goes everywhere with me when I'm out doing errands. I don't think my wife is concerned about the tomboy issue because she was a tomboy herself. I don't think she'd know what to do with a girlie girl, lol.

papabear

I did that too when my daughter was that age. It was a bonding experience. It didn't turn her into a tomboy, it just brought us a little closer together.

Samuel

I do not see any problem with it either and I think that it is rather lovely actually. It is nice to have such a dedicated daughter. Just make sure that you do realize that she needs to mix with her friends as well and not only stick with you.