Safety around the grill

Sammie

I remember horsing around near the grill when I was a kid while my father was cooking and I actually ended up running into the darn thing one time. I had to put my hand out to stop myself and, man, that did not tickle. Do you have any rules or safety measures in place for grilling time?

Adam

Ouch! That sounds like it would hurt, but at least it was a good learning experience. We haven't really run across this problem as of yet, maybe in the next few years but not yet. I remember as a kid we weren't allowed anywhere near the grill at all, and it was always put in a secluded part of the yard.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Our daughter is not around the grill when it is hot. The wife will keep her away usually.

Josephmorisson

You reminded me of the scars on my arms. I got this when I was 7 years old. To avoid kids from getting hurt, avoid using the grill indoor. If possible do not grill in the garage. I think it's better to set up your grill 15 to 20 feet away from your house for safety.

newb2diaps

We keep a fence around our grilling area only because the dog is very nosy and has before ended up almost tipping the entire thing over. Can you imagine big dog + collar + leash + grill = mad summer party fun?