Sahm & sahf

Hedonologist

Does anyone here have a setup where there is both a stay at home mother and father?

I ask because I am currently in a setup where I am out of the house 4 days per week, although this could be changed to 2 within the near future. If you are both stay at home parents how does this affect you both? and the children.

BigDaddy

Im not sure I understand. If both parents are SAH then no one works? Or are you saying there will be WAH(work at home) parents.

flfsurveyor

When our fourth kid was born, my wife quit her job and became a SAHM. My job required a lot of travel so I could be away for at least a week every month; sometimes longer. Worked out well as the kids had one full-time parent looking after them. When we were both working, we had to arrange for relatives to look after the children till we get home from work. My wife could have opted to work at home but the 4 kids would just be a big distraction.

writer811

Two of my close friends are both stay at home parents (And they're married). They don't have to work because the husband made a lot of money investing when he was younger and they are set financially for the rest of their lives. They have four kids that they care for and it's interesting because they always seem to be bored about something. They get all of the time they need to spend with their kids and a lot of extra. They compensate by having a lot of hobbies.

Victor

I would love to be set financially for the rest of my life and have my wife stay at home with us. I'm always trying to get her to come home early from work. ;) She'd go insane though; she loves to work.

Niceness8000

We both stay at home in my household. I don't actually get the time I want because my business still demands a lot of my attention. If you are asking "do you get sick of each other?" My answer is no. We've been together for a long time and we enjoy each other's company. My son is a blessing, and he enjoys interacting with both of us. I am a fan. And I am looking forward to when I can dedicate less time to business and do more with my family.

Victor Leigh

I don't have a current opinion on this because I am now a single parent. Back when I shared my home with another woman, I have tried working from home together with her. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

Jatelo2

Just as BigDaddy has asked it would be very difficult both parents to simply stay at home without a source of income. So,was your question asking how that can affect the parents and the children? The answer would definitely be in the negative!

daddyjay

I was thinking that the poster meant that is wafe is either SAHM or WAHM and that his job makes it possible that he could work at home a few days per week and then only be out of the house two days each week. I am guessing he is asking if anyone has a situation where both parents work from home or where one parent works from home and the other is home completely. I guess it would depend on how much income the work at home parents can earn. If they can earn enough to support their children well, it should not be a problem

Niceness8000

We are both at home. The children want to spend time with each of you, or both together whenever the opportunity arises. We as parents mainly spend our days trying to keep them occupied and out of trouble. I prefer this except during those times when money is tight. Otherwise, it's a perfect set up for me.