Salt and Knee joind pains

ghanashyam

Scientists have a simple way to battle the agony of knee joint pains, soaking in a bath of salt water.
They say the saline solution reduces painful inflammation of the joins. Even the ordinary table salt in high concentration can be used and like chemical drugs, there are unpleasant side effects or no addiction.

youngone

How would soaking in salt reduce inflammation? It's an interesting theory, it would be good if you could supply a link to the study.

Inflammation is mostly caused by stress and poor diet/lifestyle. Learning to manage stress and eating an anti-inflammatory diet will alleviate joint problems.

FrankSinatra

Salt is very good for things like that. Like if you have a sore throat you can gargle with salt water and it helps reduce inflammation. If you are filling a bath though probably some epsom salt would be a bit better for you.

R. Paradon

I do this every now and again. I use epsom salt. Youngone, I do not have any direct links, but here is a little bit on wikipedia. Magnesium sulfate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I remember some years ago I was at my aunts home and enjoying her hot tub for many hours. It was so relaxing I just did not want to get out of it.

The next morning when I showered I thought that somehow overnight I caught some strange disease as a certain part of my body was flaking skin. When I rushed to my doctor and told him I was surely dying, he asked me about my recent activities. When I told him of the hours sitting in the hot tub so long he laughed so hard that he did not even bother to bill me for the visit! "Epsom Salts young man!"

ghanashyam

How would soaking in salt reduce inflammation? It's an interesting theory, it would be good if you could supply a link to the study.

Inflammation is mostly caused by stress and poor diet/lifestyle. Learning to manage stress and eating an anti-inflammatory diet will alleviate joint problems.
I could not get that specific link but got something very interesting.
Here :

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/beauty/Improve-your-skin-quality-with-bath-salt/articleshow/14495181.cms

You consult some naturalist in your country. Here in India, for ordinary things, we rarely go to clinics.

Jatelo2

I have lots of pain in my knee and would be very happy to hear that this theory works since it will be an option worth exploring! Is it functional or still a theory!