Save and invest for your retirement?

Milt

Pensions may be a thing of the past. Do you make an effort to save and invest for your retirement? If you do, what is your strategy for doing this?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I save what I can. Stocks, bonds, and other investments. I've thought about gold/silver coins too.

john1007

If you really haven't done a lot of investing before, you might want to take a look at mutual funds first. In general, they tend to be a bit easier to research because they focus on a particular area or sector instead of a specific company.

Many financial institutions offer goal-based mutual funds where you set a target when you would use the money. For example, if you plan to retire in thirty years, the early years will have mostly high-risk, high-return stocks but as the years get closer to your cash out, the portfolio will gradually change to low-risk option to minimize loss.

Howard

I read a long time ago to save ten percent of everything you earn. We have been doing this for ten years now. We put it into an IRA which gives us a tax deduction and we can't touch it.