School Insurance

On The Mark

If you have a child or children in school sports, do you choose to buy the school insurance in addition to whatever other insurance you have? The school here gives parents that option, but I'm not really seeing the point. It's only volleyball and they already have so many safeguards in place to keep the children from getting hurt. Personally, I think it's an unneeded expense.

Last edited:

Andersson

We have never done this when our kids were in school but my daughter has for her little ones. I do not see the point myself either, we have always carried full insurance on everything (people, cars and the home).

BigPapa

We don't get an option. We have to purchase the insurance if they are going to play a sport. I don't have a problem with it since it isn't that expensive. It is better to be safe then sorry anyway.

olderthandirt

It is a complete waste of money. Your health insurance still covers everything and the school is still responsible for any negligence on their part, whether you buy the insurance or not. BigPapa, that's ridiculous and probably illegal to require that insurance. I bet the school is getting a kickback on it.

polamalu43

Our school doesn't offer anything like that. Why would you need extra insurance? Any accident would be covered under your health insurance. Makes no sense to me.