Sleeptalking?

Dave

I tuck my kid in every night before going to work and it is a few hours after she goes to bed. For the last week or so she sits up in bed and talks to me for a minute and then goes back to sleep. I asked her this morning if she remembered talking to me last night and she didn't. Is this something that should raise concern?

lamant

There are some that always talk in their sleep, I tend to do this still myself when I am under a great deal of stress. Is there anything that has changed recently to effect sleep time?

Seven

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Except for the sitting up part, it all sounds pretty normal to me. Is she more concerned about something than normal these days?

Ramblin' Ron

A lot of people do this, not just kids. I've been known to have whole conversations. She may be an internet star one day like the "Sleep Talking Husband". He says some pretty weird stuff when he's asleep though. I don't seem to talk crazy when I do it and that's the problem. My wife says she can never tell when I'm sleep talking.

Kyron

I've seen that website Ron. It's hilarious sometimes and then sometimes I really wonder if that guy really is asleep when he says those things. Thank goodness I don't talk in my sleep.

vince

My wife has told me that I talk in my sleep too. I have never sat up in bed. I will have to look up that internet website sound like it would be fun. I wouldn't worry too much about your daughter talking in her sleep, lots of people do it.

Cruise

I think you don't need to worry so much about that. A lot of people talk in their sleep. That's fine unless they start walking in their sleep.

Alex

Talking in their sleep is pretty normal, at least in my family. Maybe you can try to see if something is troubling her while she is awake?

lamant

I know a friend of mine was talking about this the other day too and besides being stressed we were thinking of maybe when you are sick and have a head cold type that ends up kinda mushing everything together. My uncle could have full conversations and you never know what he would say during his nooner naps.

minyoung

I tuck my kid in every night before going to work and it is a few hours after she goes to bed. For the last week or so she sits up in bed and talks to me for a minute and then goes back to sleep. I asked her this morning if she remembered talking to me last night and she didn't. Is this something that should raise concern?
Sleep talking is fine. Nothing to worry about. Everybody does it.

It's the sitting up part that bothers me. In another forum, adults who sit up while sleeping admit to having sleep walked during their childhood. Has she ever sleep walked before? Just wondering.

McGregor

I agree with the others, there is nothing to worry about. Anyway, when someone is sleep talking, you can ask him a question and he will answer it as if he understood your question. At least it's what my friend told me.