Sports

Kina

Hey all

I have 3 kids, all boys. Two are with my ex wife (12 and 11) and I have a 15 month old with my current wife.

The oldest two are big into sports. Especially my oldest. He will only watch ESPN on TV. If women's basketball on he will watch it.

Both of the older kids play Baseball, Basketball, Football, and Golf. Their sports habits are getting real expensive as they get older.
My oldest son was just accepted to a Travel Ball team that plays all year around, so he will have to stop playing football and basketball. He only plays Golf on the weekends that he is at my house.

It's weird because I never played any sports, but I do watch alot of it. So I wonder where they get the drive to get their noses in every activity they can.

Timothy

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think your kids might have developed an interest in sports because YOU have an interest in WATCHING sports. Since kids are naturally active, they probably just took it to the next level and asked to start PLAYING the sports you were already WATCHING. (But hey, I could be wrong!) I think sports come naturally to kids though, as my son is just a toddler and loves to play sports-type games.

Kina

Yeah this is true.. It is surprising because most of my friends complain they can not get their kids off video games or to turn off the television. I never had that problem. All they want to do is be outside throwing the baseball or playing with our crappy basketball hoop.

They both really want to make a profession out of sports, but I keep telling them they also need to have good grades. That part has not sunk in.

joeldgreat

The only thing my two kids wanted about sports is basketball. My daughter likes swimming so she's now into swimming lessons. I think my two kids knows all our local players by their heart better than their lessons at school. They never missed a ballgame in the TV. Now they are enrolled in a basketball summer program. Better engage them in sports rather than spending their entire summer to computers and TV's.