stop being short

wilson

I am not talking about height here but a client actually said that to me when I explained why I was not in the office yesterday. Really? I could not believe the words I was reading when I opened my email this morning. I was traveling for 1/2 of the day, spending time with family I have not seen in forever and then traveling again.

Gilbo

I love when people think you work year round! I am not in the office today but I told people if its a big issue like the plant is melting down, call or email me. I am on holiday time and holiday time has no start and end, its just relax time. :)

Thompson

Well, maybe you were short with the client or they perceived you to be rude by your responses. Sometimes it is hard to tell when you are communicating by email, because inflections and such don't always shine through.

Kenneth

He was probably that rude guy that tried to push me in the line when I was out shopping today. :rolleyes: Really, that sucks. I can't stand rude clients or customers, but sometimes you have to suck it up and take what they say. Just don't take it personally. You have to shrug it off.

Blake

It is easy to come off as short in an email when you can't hear tone or see body language but there are also people who are really sensitive and don't take in all the context clues. It does sound like that person was being unreasonable though. Everybody is entitled to time off!

Bear

I agree with Blake and Thompson. Sometimes it can be really hard to judge tone when you are only communicating through email. Maybe they just took something you said the wrong way.