Strawberry picking

Bear

Have any of you ever taken your families strawberry picking? We are going to take our little ones this weekend if the weather is pretty. I think my 3 year old daughter will love it. Plus we get lots of yummy strawberries!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
We used to go through the woods as kids in New York and pick berries. There are a lot of blueberry farms here to go picking at. But it is not the same as going through the woods. I might take my daughter though, she enjoys that type of stuff.

Clay

We have a local place where you can go and pick strawberries, but I have not been there. I am afraid my kids might decide to just stomp on a lot of berries and cost me a small fortune. My kids do not eat strawberries, they prefer apples.

Timothy

Our family has never been strawberry-picking, although we have tried to grow some strawberries ourselves! (That little adventure didn't turn out so well, lol.) I wish we knew of a nearby farm where we could pick strawberries, because store-bought strawberries are sold by the pint where we live and are VERY expensive!

Donald

We take the kids every year and make homemade strawberry ice cream. It is a much awaited activity. We had a frost last night, and the strawberry farmers were up much of the night trying to lessen any damage to their crops.