Taking in a boarder

Rob

We have a spare bedroom and bathroom in our house. We are considering taking in a boarder to bring in a little extra income. Have you ever done this?

2andalone

I haven't rented to anybody but I did rent a room for a short amount of time, a while back. I also had a house where there was a studio apartment attached. It was blocked off from the house though. I think it's a great way to earn some extra money if you find the right tenant.

Mack

We had boarders twice in our house. Both times it worked out very well. It worked well because we were helping out people that we knew well. It helped us and it helped them.

Andersson

Never with a boarder no but we have thought about fulling renting this place out. I doubt I could handle a boarder since I prefer my own space and do not want to share. Plus I have no idea who the other person is, seems like too much of a hassle.

Anthony

We have done this before, and it worked well for us. We knew the people we allowed to live with us though, and it was only for a few months.

Johnson

We did this years ago when we were first married. I don't think it is something I would do now that we have kids, but I think it is a great way to get a little breathing room in the finances.