Teaching Kids to Drive

AbsDad

When it comes time to teaching your kid to drive, do you think that you would have the patience for it? Or will you be calling in the services of a more relaxed family member?

NoEnergy

I'm a patient man, but I would be cautious about doing this. I think I would play it by ear, and if it didn't work or was getting stressful, I'd ask little man's grandparents instead.

Pops

I am not completely sure yet what will happen. My 16 year old still doesn't have her permit yet, so I don't have to worry. I think that my wife and I will both have the responsibility of teaching both of our daughters when the time comes.

Aiden

It can be hard to have the patience with it, but I think it's very important for a parent to teach their children how to drive because it's a great bonding experience. I wouldn't miss it for the world! I'm getting close to that time now!

BensDad

Yes, I know I will be fine teaching my kids how to drive. I've already taught my sister and a couple of nieces how to drive. I surprised myself, I though I would be more stressed giving up the control, but it didn't bother me too much.

danno

I think I would rather teach my son than have someone else pass their bad habits onto him. I have been a passenger too many times when I have felt anxious about other people's driving!

SamMo

My daughter wouldn't allow me to teach her because I shouted at her too much! I admit that I used to be a very impatient and stressed out person but I have mellowed.;)

Jerry F

I would rather teach them than to have them learn improperly from someone else. It's important that kids know safety before they are on their own. I am very patient, at least with the kids.