Telling your children you love them

KevinD

I believe it's important to show your children affection always, even as they get older. I know my parents loved me, but they never were affectionate or told me very often. I think some kids have it that way as well and maybe don't feel loved. I just feel it's better for the relationship so parents and kids don't drift apart.

OrionH

I am very good at this. I tell my children I love them every day. I also tell my wife and my parents. I think it is important to remind people you love, that you love them.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I tell my daughter more then she would most likely like. My son is only 6 months, but I tell him a lot too.

KevinD

She might not like it so much now, but I'm sure as she gets older, she'll realize how lucky she is to have a good father that cares about her. I feel bad for the children that don't even have that.

Albert

I agree. I've always told my children how much I love (well, actually the word is "adore") them, and my wife - needless to say - did so twice as much. They never seemed to mind the fact that their parents showed them affection. Their still young (8 and 5 years old). I know they will appreaciate it more when they grow up...

CHenne

I tell my kids often too but I also show them. You can say you love someone but showing them is what is the key. I grew up knowing I was loved but it wasn't said... or really shown.

Phillie

I tell my step son a lot too and so does his mom. My parents told me often that they loved me. My mom was always hugging me too - so I will do the same with my kids.

benben

I don't tell them I love them as much as I should. I wish that I could say that I did though. I think I am going to start trying to saying it more often.

john1007

I tell my two sons that I love them all the time. I also give them big hugs and kisses whenever I can. They like it a lot especially my older son, who is eight. We've going through a rough patch financially so it helps me get through the week as well.

Greendad

I remember feeling embarrassed when my mother told me she loves me in front of my friends. I know I shouldn't feel that way but I was teen at that time.

Benji08

It is important to let your kids know they are loved. I grew up in a home that a lot of affection was not shown but I wanted my household to be different. I give my kids hugs and say "I Love You". Also, I show them by working hard and doing the extras.