Terrorism Threat

badge67

I haven't had the chance to read up on this, but my Mother called me and said that a credible threat has come to the attention of the FBI that involves a possible attack in New York City this weekend. Has anyone heard anything about this?

polamalu43

I think they say this every anniversary of 9/11. I hope it's not true - I can't imagine another 9/11. With the US killing Osama and dumping him in the ocean, it might be true.

Thompson

I read a story about it this morning, but their credible source is just internet chatter with no definite targets. I don't think I would worry about it too much.

Jdrake

I would try not to worry, however I would recommend everyone have their eyes open and be very cautious. You know the terrorists would love to do something on a 9/11 anniversary. If the whole country stays on alert and reports strange things, maybe we can prevent it.

Johnson

I don't think there is too much of a real threat this weekend anymore than there is any other day. Makes for a great news story this weekend though.

Sportsfanatic

I don't get all these threats I've heard over the years since 9/11. If someone was really planning something, I doubt anyone would know about it until they did it or attempted to. Terrorists don't call in bomb threats and things like that if they mean business, like they show in the movies.

Keepworking

Yeah, I think it has something to do with the 9/11 anniversary. We are not to worry about the thread, but to be aware of that and keep our eyes open, and our legs strong enough to run fast. :)

Sportsfanatic

That's funny. :D At work, I wouldn't follow procedure in that kind of emergency. My priority is get out. Not look good doing it. :)

I was watching a rerun of the tv show, The Office, and there was a hilarious part where the manager see's a guy with a turban getting out of his car to go in the building. He started freaking out, but it was just the IT guy.