The budget, by wife and math

Dickneardone

I love my wife dearly, I just don't like when she wants to help make the budget. I can do my budgeting pretty quickly because I have strong math skills, but she does not. She wanted to help me make the budget for the next few months and it took us 4 hours yesterday and another 4 today. Mostly because I had to explain everything and stop to show her what formulas I was using. She would go through it herself, make a math error do it again and so on. Man, am I glad we are done, it was almost painful to watch her struggle with the math.

ChristopherT

She probably saw on some talk show that women need to be involved in case something happens to us. It's a phase, it will pass. Just humor her in the meantime.

Phillie

Wow, seriously - humor her? That is a great way to fight and argue. My wife helps out with the budget. I know it might take a bit longer but its our money and that is the way it should be. Hopefully the next time she wants to help it is easier.

benben

Chris makes a valid point. What if something happened to you? The only way she is going to be able to handle the budget on her own is with practice. She needs to practice making and keeping the budget and she needs to practice the math. If you don't use math often, you will lose it as a skill.