The most important values

Greendad

What do you think the most important values to teach the children are? I would say integrity and honesty, but I think different parents have different opinions on this.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Be honest, work hard, do the best you can, and help others when possible.

Jacob

I know people who think that teaching children to be tough on others is the only way to make them strong. Poor them... Anyway, to answer your question, I agree with Jason on this.

Dad Brad

Honesty, faith in God, loyalty to parents and self-reliance are high on my list. My wife and I share these values and hope to pass them on to our children. We also see family as being utterly important.

chelly

I think most parents want to teach a ton of things when getting back to the basics is the best bet. Sometimes when you over-do things even the small ones, it can turn into a big problem down the road.

Pascallist

I agree, honesty and integrity are two of the most important values to teach the children. It is also important to let them know that they are free to speak their mind, and so are other people they are dealing with.

Timothy

What do you think the most important values to teach the children are? I would say integrity and honesty, but I think different parents have different opinions on this.
I'm teaching my children the concepts of morals and ethics, and to be honest and always uphold those two. Also, to put 100% effort into everything that you do. A little hard work goes a long way.

Jacob

I forgot to mention this one: try to be as perfect as your Savior, Jesus Christ. I firmly believe that no man proclaimed moral or ethics can live up to these standards.

James

I've tried to teach my children to be honest and to trust what others say as the truth. Also, I've tried to teach them the importance of family, depending on each other, and being there for your family when they need you.