The single parent's guide to financially protecting your children

jason

Administrator
Staff member
The status of single parent isn't easy, no matter if you have one child or several. As your children's sole provider, you not only have to financially look out for them in the present, but also the future. And one difficult question you need to ask yourself is, "How can I protect my children if I'm no longer around?"

One option you can invest in is life insurance, which can continue providing your children with financial support, and potentially be used for future investments like college. Experts recommend investing in a policy that is six to 10 times your salary, according to MSN Money.

Investing in life insurance also can protect your children from any debts you may have outstanding, and it can cover your funeral expenses.

Nearly four in 10 single parents have no life insurance whatsoever, and many with coverage say they need more than they have, according to the Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education (LIFE).

If you're interested in getting some life insurance quotes, take a moment to understand the different types of insurance.

more osceolaiowa.com | The single parent's guide to financially protecting your children