They are not rebellious but....

TJoel

I wouldn't say that kids were born rebellious. But, well, they do what you forbid and don't do what you ask them to do. I think it's just me though.

Mack

I think that it is pretty normal for kids to test "the limits". Some kids do it more than others, and some parents draw the line a bit more adamantly than others. It's all about getting the desired behavior and attitudes from your kids though.

Mikey

I think it's testing the limits too. Part of growing up is asserting your authority as a separate person. Some parents never let go and their constant need for control drives their children away. It's a fine line.

wilson

Testing limits is one thing but flat out deifying is another and you can quickly spot the difference as they age. I know a few parents who never do anything until the child is a teen and then wonder why they have such a "problem" on their hands.

crowl

Lately it seems like some kids are taught it by the lack of supervision given by their parents. Kids are more rowdy than they used to be in my day.

WagnerB

I think it is natural and it is not only children. Nobody likes to be told to do or not to do something. The trick is inspiring the kids to do what you want them to do, without them feeling ordered around.