This is scary

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Between that one and SOPA, it is scary the powers they are going after.

Sportsfanatic

My suggestion is don't be a suspected terrorist! Joking aside, it's interesting to see what our government can keep coming up with to make our great country so much better. Seems to me like they have a failing record as of lately.

crowl

What about the people who are pushing for martial law, is that what it is? Some repub from the east coast who is ranting and raving about it. Really it makes me wonder what type of world we live in anymore.

Anthony

Kind of Crowl. The thing with this is it's just like Mcarthyism (sp?) and the witch hunts someone can say you are acting suspiciously (with no reason whatsoever...maybe you just made them mad), and now you can be arrested and detained with no probable cause. There is no arrest warrant or search warrant that has to be signed by a judge. You can just be held indefinitely with no rights to legal council. This is NOT a good thing for anybody.

Gilbo

It makes me want to move elsewhere but where else is better when it comes to trying to just live a normal life and not be hassled? Seems like the US is just now starting to catch up with other countries.

Luke

SOPA (Stop Online Pircay Act) is not a good thing for us either, but the National Defense Authorization Act, and The Violent Radicalization & Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act are working hand in hand to strip of us of ALL our Constitutional protections. I am amazed at how well our Congress has gotten at hiding these bills...there has been no real mention of any of them in the main stream media.

Thompson

The world has become a very scary place, and like Gilbo said now the US seems to be catching up to the rest of the world. I love the Before it's news website and often find things discussed there MONTHS before you here anything on a regular news site. One article I read today relates to all three bills Luke mentioned. I will try and link it here, but links to BIN don't always work. This article is long, but well worth your time. Here it is: Before It's News

Bear

Your link worked Thompson and that is a really scary read. There is no longer any privacy anywhere, and now you can be picked up off the street anywhere in the world and be held indefinitely. You don't even have to be told why you are being held.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
It makes me want to move elsewhere but where else is better when it comes to trying to just live a normal life and not be hassled? Seems like the US is just now starting to catch up with other countries.
I have a friend who lives in the UK, well Wales. Moved there about 5 years ago, and tells me the US now feels like a police state compared to there. Although some of things there are scary, such as all the video cameras. He had a friend get a ticket in the mail for dropping a cigarette butt on the grown, because the video caught it along with the license plate.

Edgar Casey made a prophecy that the United States will become like Russia, and Russia will become more like the US. Makes me wonder if he was right on that one.

bighelp

Online stuff is changing in all ways lately, more lock downs or lack of freedom and then we get more of this. While I can understand some of it I can not wrap my mind around their entire thought process here.

Bear

That's nothing BigHelp...what about the bid to put an anti-terrorism button on blogs and all google platforms? That hasn't passed yet, but it is being discussed. Oh, and if you own more than seven days worth of food in your home you might be a terrorist. That one really gets me because government websites encourage having 2-3 weeks worth of food and water for your family.