Timing is everything!

Steve

I finally got news that my unemployment extension is granted and they are going to back pay me for the month with no income! I hope to get a job soon, but I do have another 12 weeks left so hope that is all it takes!

Jeff

That is good news. And hope for the best with the job situation! I have been their and it is bad. Nice though as it is the holiday season and seems like tax season is around the corner so hope that helps too!

forgotten

That makes a happy Christmas for you and the family. I hope you will get a job before it runs out. Good luck to you on your job hunting!

SteppinIn

That's awesome; congratulations and it really couldn't have come at a better time. I know a few guys who could use that help right now - I'm glad you got it when you needed it.

Cruise

That's good news. Twelve weeks is not too long when it comes to finding a new job but it's better then nothing. Do you consider to work freelance jobs online?

daddyJoe

I was going to suggest working online, too. There are writing jobs if you're into that, as well as jobs that take computer skills and others. You have to be careful when you're looking because there are lots of scams to wade through on search results. You might check out freelance.com and elance.com to get an idea of what's available.

Cruise

Yeah, besides writing jobs, if you get into web design and development, there are many other jobs available for you on those sites and other job sites. I agree with DaddyJoe about scams though.