Tis the season to spend money....

benben

"Tis the season to spend money, fa la la la la..." That is how I feel. Starting now until January there are a slew of birthdays, not to mention school pictures and fees, Halloween costumes and then there are the holidays. I am going to go broke!

Ed35

You should budget for it - keep putting money aside throughout the year for the end of the year spending. We buy birthday gifts throughout the year and put them away, same with Christmas.

Bear

Sounds good Ed, but everytime we put money away the car blows a tire, or the plumbing goes out. I swear EVERY SINGLE TIME something goes wrong and eats it. I am scared to save money anymore. ;)

Dan

We've got a lot of birthdays coming up. Pretty soon my wife will start working extra hours to justify spending way too much at Christmas. Bear--my tires are bad, if they blow I'm coming after you!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Most of my wifes family birthdays fall in spring. My families in the fall. But I've been cheating. I've been watching sales, places like woot, and have been ordering stuff slowly. I'm starting to turn my rewards points on credit cards for gift cards for gifts. Christmas is about 50% done already I think. A few people we have bought for and need nothing else. Birthdays and Christmas is covered for them.