Tofu recipes?

Terry

Anyone here cook with tofu? Got any good recipes that are tried and tested to share? I'm trying to kick start a bit of a healthy eating campaign, so all ideas are appreciated.

john1007

Tofu is great in stir fries. A simple stir fry would involve carrots, chinese cabbage, onions, and firm tofu. You can season it with chopped garlic, sesame oil, salt and pepper. You want to be sure to use firm instead of silken since silken will break up quickly.

the matrix

I like the simple tofu squares topped with shredded ginger, chopped green onions and drizzled with soy sauce. It is very easy to prepare and does not require any cooking. The soft or "silken" as john1007 described is what you would use.

Terry

Thanks for the ideas. I am getting into soy sauce, which seems to be a mainstay of many tofu dishes. It's a bit salty though - which moves it into the treat category really.

RubberSoul

Some soy sauce brands offer a low salt version. I really don't know if you can find it everywhere. In our area, not every store carries them. My mother loves soy sauce, but because of her high blood pressure, she buys the low salt version. It is still a bit salty but nowhere near as salty as regular soy sauce. Otherwise, you could dilute it with water?