too old

Jeff

My sister told me that yesterday her son who is 4 decided to join her in the bathtub while she was trying to take a relaxing bath. I think at 4 he should not be joining his mom in the bath. Am I off on this?

Cruise

I don't remember what I did when I was still 4, but I think it's too old for him to do that. What did you sister do then? Did she let him join or not?

Last edited:

Jaxon

That's right on the cusp, I think. But Cruise made a good, he doesn't remember what he did at age 4, so if that's the norm, why would it be wrong? The boy won't remember, right?

Ken

I do not think it would be a bad thing unless he is staring and pointing at her. When he starts asking questions about "mommy parts" then I would say he is too old. But to just want to play in the bathtub I don't see a problem with it.

Kyron

You're right Ken. When my son started noticing that Mom had different parts than he did, he stopped taking a shower with her or being in the bathroom when she was dressing.

MilwaukeeJoe

I don't think my wife would be comfortable with this at 4 years old, boy or girl. Another thing, I would probably get scolded for letting our little one interrupt her "relaxing" bath to begin with.

stayathomepaul

Joe you have it right. My wife never let our kids bathe with her. Bath time is her time to have some quite time to relax. I make sure the kids are on the other side of the house doing something quite so she can have that time for herself.

Unclerob

I'm pretty sure I won't be letting my son bathe with my wife (If I have a son). I don't care about showers when they are really little but at 4- that is a bit too old.