Tooth Ache

stayathomepaul

I have this tooth ache and it turns out I have an infection under a crown. I am going to go in tomorrow to have them pull the crown. Does anyone know what I should be expecting. I am a bit nervous about this.

HWard84

Ouch! I would think it is going to hurt. Sorry--- then again it will feel a ton better once they pull the crown and get rid of the infection. I wonder how they will do it? With antibiotics or what?

stayathomepaul

I went back in today and they decided not to do anything yet. They want me on antibiotics a little longer. Then they are going to try to save the tooth. Either they will pull the crown and do a new crown or pull the tooth. Either way this is gonna hurt my wallet.

Independent

the waiting is the worst part isn't it. If you are in pain you might want to try taking an aspirin and holding it on the tooth that hurt until it dissolves. It might help lessen your pain until you get back in.

Johnny

Like other have said, waiting to have it done is complete torture. However, during the experience, you won't feel a thing. Later, you're going to be sore, but you'll get through it. Take care of yourself and get rest. It will be fine :)

HWard84

Well that stinks- but think of the pain you won't be having now. I would be happy. Will you dental insurance cover any of the crown? I hope so, they are expensive.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I cannot tell you what to expect, but to help with the tooth ache, take a whole clove and remove the ball and prongs that hold the ball to the stem. Then take the stem and stick it between the tooth and cheek along the gum line. It should help manage the pain.