tooth fairy

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Do you do the whole tooth fairy idea with your children? If so what do you put in place for the typical exchange?

And for a bonus question, do you save their teeth or just toss them?

Ed35

We saved them (all of them) and we gave money. The front teeth are worth more moola! The tooth fairy is paying more these days then when I was a kid.

Dad9593

My kids used to love the tooth fairy. We have saved all of their baby teeth (even to this day), with the exception of 2 from my oldest child. They were pulled out with some orthodontic device. We always put silver dollars under their pillows.

Andersson

See I do not get that honestly, why save the teeth? What are you going to do with those teeth ten or twenty years down the road? Currently we have no plan.

Salazar

We're not there yet, but I can guarantee my pack rat of a wife will save the teeth. Like Dad9593, I think we're going to give silver dollars. To me, the tooth fairy is supposed to be a small token and a silver dollar is a something you don't see everyday.

ryan

Saving the first tooth can be kind of special. Beyond that, they might sit around in a drawer for awhile. But eventually they get dumped. With all the special keepsakes there are to save, teeth just don't end up at the top of the hierarchy. The tooth fairy leaves several shiny quarters at our house.

Clay

We save the teeth, I have no idea why. I guess because the teeth were a part of your child, and you keep the teeth for sentimental reasons. We give different types of coins. My son is six, and enjoys seeing variations in designs on coins.

Victor

We haven't reached that stage, but whenever I hear what people pay for the teeth, I'm always amazed. I always got a quarter but now I hear it's a dollar, minimum.

Bear

We aren't there yet, but the tooth fairy probably won't be visiting here. We don't do Santa or the Easter Bunny either so having a fairy show up to take your teeth would be kind of weird! We will do something special though.