Toothache

the saint

The 8-year old is having an aching tooth and I don't know what to do. I don't know if he is allowed to take pain relievers and the dental clinic has closed. I need help.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
If he can, take a whole clove and break the ball and the prongs off the stem. Stick the stem between the problem tooth's gum area and check. Have him keep it there and it will relieve the pain.

Another old trick, although some people yell at me for saying so. Take a cotton swab and soak it in whiskey, and rub the swab on the problem area. The alcohol will numb the pain. Do not give him so much that he gets drunk though, so no shots. But the amount off the cotton is typically enough to numb it without getting him buzzed.

stewy

I would endorse the clove trick. My mother used to rub oil of cloves on my aching teeth when I was young, though I always associate the smell of cloves with toothache now!

Cruise

Hehe, that's the side effect of using cloves, but I agree that they are really helpful to relieve the pain on the aching tooth. What about using salt water to gargle?

daddyJoe

I've had some killer toothaches and taking calcium has always made the pain go away. It always takes some time for it to work, though.