Traffic oh my!

Andersson

They are building a new gas station not too far from our house so the road leading towards it which also runs past our street is always backed up. We headed out for quick errands this morning and it took us 15 minutes to turn off our street. I sure hope things get better once it is built but I have a feeling it might be like this every morning. :(

BigPapa

Traffic is always a pain. We live directly across from a Catholic high school so I know how you feel. If it is time for school to start, end or if they have a sporting event going on we might as well bet we are not getting out of our driveway in under 15 minutes.

Bearsfan

We've had road repairs and utility work that has traffic messed up for weeks around our house. There just seems to be so many cars on the roads these days, no matter what time of day.

joeldgreat

I endure at least 2 hours of traffic every single day of my adult working life. In fact I think I'm already immune to it. It simply because it will only ruin my day if I give a fuss about it. As for you, you will really be annoyed maybe because you are not use to it.

R. Paradon

I am lucky as the area in the city where my home is there is traffic but it flows without any problems. Of course this is probably because the majority of the transportation is motorbikes.

On my farm up in the jungle, there is no traffic because everybody more or less lives in a "communal setting" and very few people go anywhere. In fact if I want to go to the nearest convenience store it is about a 30 minute drive on a motor bike and if we take the converted Water Buffalo cart is takes about an hour.

A lot different then my days in the USA!

Don

We don't have much traffic on our road, but once you turn onto another road and get to the red light, it starts building up.

stephen

Just pulling out into the street here can take 5 minutes. I started leaving 15 minutes earlier and leaving the office 30 minutes later just to get home at the same time. Might as well score brownie points instead of sit in traffic.

FrankSinatra

I live in a major commuter city so during rush hour it is impossible to get around...then we have stadiums so if there is a game then it becomes even worse. It is so miserable; my 10 minute drive to work becomes a 45 minute rage-filled conquest.

R. Paradon

I live in a major commuter city so during rush hour it is impossible to get around...then we have stadiums so if there is a game then it becomes even worse. It is so miserable; my 10 minute drive to work becomes a 45 minute rage-filled conquest.
Hi Frank!

Have you considered a motorbike or moped? They are pretty cheap and if you live on a 10 minute drive you could probably avoid the grids by CAREFULLY driving between other vehicles.

youngone

Is the traffic being caused by building works? The traffic should calm down once the gas station has been built. We have a problem with traffic where I live, especially when the kids come out of school. There are so many women picking up their kids with SUV's, it's a nightmare.

ghanashyam

When I was young, the popular vehicle was scooter and it was considered a sign of prosperity. Now, with new economical small cars, new two wheelers,cheaper vehicle loans, every average Indian family has a car and 2 two wheelers ( in spite of stiff hike in petrol price). The vehicles have increased and roads have not been widened.