Trick or treaters

Regis

Is there a Halloween cut-off age? I've been warned that a lot of teenagers will be knocking at the door and since they aren't used to a man answering I was wondering if it's okay to tell them to take a hike. My STB never did in the past but she wanted to and was afraid of something happening to the house.

bighelp

I have never really had an issue with it but maybe it depends on where you are living too. We still treat all the trickers, maybe its just a southern thing?

Len

I don't think it's uncommon for a man to answer the door?

I'm from CA and we would still give all the trick or treaters candy no matter the age. Believe me, I've had some older than me. I would rather just be polite.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I always offer parents something. I'm told I'm bad since I make two bowls of candy. I go through and take out anything my family will eat and put it in a bowl. Toss the rest into another bowl. I hand out the candy we do not eat, and if I run out, I go to our bowl.

Paranoid

I always offer parents something. I'm told I'm bad since I make two bowls of candy. I go through and take out anything my family will eat and put it in a bowl. Toss the rest into another bowl. I hand out the candy we do not eat, and if I run out, I go to our bowl.
I'm guilty of doing the same thing. I try to save the "good" candy for myself. It's just back up candy. If an adult wants a piece of candy I'll give it to them. It's not something I actually like but I'll put up with it.

CHenne

I would say that kids can trick or treat up to 16 - if they are clean and in a costume... clean meaning no eggs or shaving cream. I wouldn't tell them to take a hike.

Terry

I don't have any strong opinions on age limits. If they make the effort then I'll give them something, and teenagers like to have fun too. It can be hard acting like a grown up all the time!

Mack

Well, it's your house, so I guess you can tell them whatever you want to. They may decide to play some "tricks" as a result, so you may want to reconsider.

Phillie

I would not turn anyone away if they were dressed up. I know older kids that go with their younger siblings. If the kids are behaving and not egged then why not give them candy?

Ralphie

Dressing up for Halloween may seem "childish" to some, but Halloween is meant for having fun first and foremost. I see no sense in being a spoil sport.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Well it is 8pm here, two girls so far. The wife thought we would be getting a lot, but I told her most will be going to places where houses are close together. At this point, I'll just give out handfuls to everyone.

Dugger

If you had a lot of little kids coming to the door I'd tell the older ones to get lost too. I wouldn't want to run out of candy for the small ones--it's really their holiday.