Troy Davis execution

Paranoid

I was sad to hear that the execution went forward. I don't support the death penalty and especially when there is so much doubt surrounding that person's guilt.

Salazar

I watched the live coverage on CNN last night and I was disturbed that they went through with it. I just don't think they still had enough solid evidence against him with seven out of nine witnesses recanting. Additionally, if I'm not mistaken, some of the jurors from the original trial had changed their minds as well.

CHenne

I am a supporter of the death penalty too but it has to be 100% before it is used. I think DNA evidence would be a must. I don't like that he was executed. I don't think it matters what the jurors think now.

wilson

I do support the death penalty when the case is out right complete, when there are not questionable issues that come up. With this I am highly disturbed and it makes you wonder how many truly innocent people have been put to death or sentenced to life since the prison system began.

benben

I support the death penalty within reason. I think using on a 22 year old crime is crazy. I know it all got caught up in court. Still, I don't know that it is right to use it for a crime that was a lifetime ago.

Kenny

I think in this particular case there is a strong chance that they executed him for a crime he didn't commit. I mean he confessed to the crimes he did commit and maintained his innocence for over 20 years. I wish I could say I was suprised that they went ahead and executed him, but our legal system is so corrupt I am not suprised at all.

Alistair

I am completely against death penalty, because it is wrong from both the moral and the Christian point of view. We should not have the right to take a fellow human's life, no matter what. In this particular case, considering the circumstances and the ambiguity of it all, it can hardly be considered justice.