Try something new

Andersson

We have gone over decades of the same foods sometimes but we still try new things. After the first ten years of our marriage we decided that at least twice a month we need to try a new food, learn how to cook it the proper way and move on from there. Last week it was my turn and we had "Thai Chicken Satay" which turned out pretty good and I think with practice we can nail it. Does anyone else do this?

Timothy

We've recently started trying new recipes, too. You get tired of the same old, same old every week! We have recently added a couple of new recipes into our rotation - one for homemade scrambled hamburgers and another for Frito pie. Both are cheap and easy to make, and with 93% lean ground beef, they are both relatively healthy.

polamalu43

What a great plan! My daughter is always finding new recipes online. She is a great cook. My wife and I help too. Variety is the "spice" of life. You have to change it up.

Sinbian

I like some classic foods too much to try new stuff regularly. :) I know it's a lazy excuse but I just love certain recipes I've been eating since I was a kid.

Andersson

I can get used to just about anything over and over again, but not when it really comes to food. I still have my favorites but for the most part I like new things each day. Sometimes even eating too much of one type of food a week bores me out.

polamalu43

I get bored too and that is why I will buy whatever my daughter needs for the new recipe. She shops with me for the new recipes. It is a lot of fun!