Van doors freezing shut

SingleDadNow

I recently moved from Florida to an area that actually gets cold. I've been having a problem with my van doors freezing shut until I warm it up enough that they thaw. Is there any way to prevent this?

olderthandirt

I live in New England where we get a lot of snow, sleet and ice, but I've only had the doors freeze shut twice. Both times were severe storms with high winds that forced the sleet/snow into all the crevices of the doors.

BigPapa

It happens to me every once in awhile. There really isn't anything you can do to prevent it, short of moving back to warmer climes. A quick way to defrost them is a mix of vinegar and water.

SingleDadNow

I called the dealer, and they put me on hold, and then a "senior technician" came on, and told me that I should pour hot water on it. I asked if that wouldn't crack the glass, and he said, "Oh yeah. I hadn't thought about that. I guess I have just been lucky." I'm sorry, but I am not willing to risk having to replace the window on the hope that I will be lucky. I wonder if silicone spray would help.