Video Game Time

James

Today's kids LOVE playing video games. (Adults even like to play them these days.) Do you let your kids play video games? If so, do you limit how much time they spend playing? Our kids would play video games 12 hours a day if we'd let them, so we have to limit their game time and encourage other activities in place of gaming.

Paul1960

Both my kids are grown now, but when they were younger, we did have to limit how much time they spent in front of the TV. On weeknights, when they had homework that they were responsible for, they could only have the TV for an hour. On weekends, we'd let them have the TV for up to three hours, then they had to find something else to do!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter places one of those dance games on the wii once in a blue moon. She enjoys it for the first few minutes then looses interest.

Timothy

Our kids are like yours, James - they'd play video games all day if we didn't say anything. We don't really put a hard limit on how much they can play though, they just can't play at all until they've done all their homework and chores. Once they've taken care of everything they're responsible for, we let them do what they like with their "spare time".

bighelp

I think for both kids and adults its the same, you can only have so much of a good thing before it begins to take over your world. Limit the time spent and all should be well. :)

Ronald

We don't really limit how much they can play, because we use "No video games" as a punishment when they break rules or misbehave. It's packs a heavier punch, going from "play all you want" to "you can't play at all", lol.