Walnuts vs Almonds?

Sinbian

Why do experts recommend almonds so much when it comes to healthy fats intake when clearly walnuts are much richer with them? I checked nutritional data of both on several sites.

Andersson

I like both but in different settings. For me almonds are great on a salad and this weekend we headed out to a little shop that we last visited about six months ago. In that time our little mom and pop burger joint turned into a French themed eatery so we figured why not. I had some type of sandwich on sourdough that used brie cheese and tiny grapes. No clue what it was called but it was good!

polamalu43

I didn't know that walnuts have more nutritional value. I don't really like walnuts. They have a really strong taste. I love almonds though. Maybe that is the reason they push almonds (flavor).

Sinbian

I didn't know that walnuts have more nutritional value. I don't really like walnuts. They have a really strong taste. I love almonds though. Maybe that is the reason they push almonds (flavor).
Who knows but walnuts are much richer in Omega 3's and the rest of the data is also better. I wonder why everyone is pushing almonds so hard.