water vs kids

Caleb

Oh no, that is not a good thing. I was afraid of the water when I was a boy and my dad just tossed me in the pool. Sink or swim he said! I would NEVER do that. I think you just ease them into the water. Get in with them and show them it's safe. Let them hold your neck for a while if they need to. Also get a life jacket on them so they can see they are safe and won't go under.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Last year my daughter was afraid of the pool. She was only 1 but cried constantly when we tried to get her in there. This year so far she has done well. We really have not done much other then giving her bathes. I would gently get them used to it.

Theran

Anyone I have ever known with a fear of the water had the fear due to something traumatizing. A big pool or lake can be intimidating to a small child, but if you're holding on to them and taking your time they should get used to it.

MickL

I like any place related to water, be it swimming pools, rivers, lakes or seas. I guess my children inherit the nature as none of them has issues being in water.