Weight

Jeff

My blood pressure in recent years has been creeping up and my doctor suggested I start losing some of my 'extra layer'. Is cutting out red meat and going for a walk enough? I have noticed a 5 pound loss this month, but not sure if it will continue.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
It may be enough. I've found when I've tried to loose weight, I would hit a certain stage where I would not loose anymore for a few weeks. Eventually I got over that stage, but it is tough. I cannot wait for everything to be over so I can start exercising again.

SeaUrchin

If you hit that plateau, you have to either cut calories more or exercise more to cut through the slow spell. I've lost 100 pounds in the last year but boy, it was very, very hard. We did a lot of outdoor activities this summer, even for our vacation which we usually don't do.

BensDad

I have been working on eating better, but I am not ready to give up red meat. So, to help with losing weight, I have increased my exercise. I have been trying to gain some muscle to burn more calories. I've lost about 20 pounds and am feeling pretty good.

Shadow

The more I'm getting older the more weight I put on and the harder it is to get rid of it. But I have enough will power for now, thank God, to do something about it if needed.