What am I working for?

Kenny

Do you ever find yourself wondering what am I working for? You work so hard, and cut corners everywhere you can and still can't make ends meet. I am not goign to quit my job or anything, but it is really frustrating.

Ifamily

Yeah, that sometimes happens to me as well. When this happens, I would just tell to myself that at least I have been doing the best for my family.

Salazar

I feel that way everyday. I would actually be making a lot of money if it wasn't for my ex taking half, but that's a whole different can of worms. I read the other day that 3 out of 5 Americans are living paycheck to paycheck these days. A very frustrating spot to be in, indeed.

Ed35

Nope, I know what I'm working for. I'm working to keep a roof over our head and food on the table. Family is everything to me so I'm working for them. It will get better - the economy will take a turn for the better and then hopefully we can start saving again!

Keepworking

That's great Ed. I know I am working for my family, the people I wouldn't mind to work so hard as I can. I do have to work hard for them though.

Kenneth

I feel your pain, but all I know is for things to change, you've got to change. For things to get better, you've got to get better. I would find a way to break out and have something that can potentially pay you better than what you are making now if you work hard enough.

NoobDad

No one is giving raises and new positions pay less than they did 10 years ago, it is not that easy to find something that pays more. Me, I just change my whole way of life and all of my expectations. It keeps me from getting down about everything.

stayathomepaul

Ed, I really admire you. I think it is wonderful that you know what you are working for. I think you have a little something we could all benefit learning about.

bighelp

I guess I have been lucky so far (knock on wood) we have never had that issue. Both are quite level headed and end up having some rough times but never anything too bad that we could not handle alone or together.