What Do You Do For Diet?

Endalia

I have a friend who has decided she is going to follow the Paleo diet. I don't understand it much but I know enough to know a child wouldn't be very happy following it. What do you think of doing something like this?

Gavin

I eat and drink what my body agree's with and is healthy. Those two go hand in hand these days because I can't really stomach fried foods or carbonated drinks anymore. I eat things that are lighter and I maintain a good BMI.

Endalia

That sounds like the best advice I've heard, Gavin. All of these fad diets and lifestyles just come back to the same basic principal if you ask me. If you eat healthy, in moderate amounts and everything else including alcohol in moderation, you'll be fine. As far as feeding a child, I think moderation is also the best idea.

BigPapa

We don't eat white grains or a lot of sugary foods. We don't eat fried foods either. We do eat fruits and vegetables, whole grains and low fat meats like poultry and fish. It think moderation is key in everything though.

Victor

The paleo diet is interesting, but not one I could keep on long-term. I like grains too much to want to go paleo. We strive for everything in moderation, but are still working on dropping the junk consumption down.

Lorenzo

Is paleo diet, the "caveman diet?" If it is, then you're right Endalia, this diet wouldn't be suitable for kids. Kids are growing, so they need to have all three basic food groups (in moderation, of course). It might work for adults, though.