What type of family....

Greendad

What type of family does your wife come from (financial wise)? My wife comes from a pretty wealthy family. But I am glad she is OK with our situation, which is not so good as her family's.

Miller

Greendad, I wouldn't worry about her background in the least. My wife comes from a background where her family didn't make a lot of money until later in life. They do quite well now, but they all know the importance of hard work and self-sufficiency. My wife is a harder worker than I am, and always will be, no matter how much money she has.

Sinbian

Our families are pretty much alike when it comes to financial status so we have the same stories. I can't tell if that's good or bad but sometimes we may understand each other better because of it.

Pascallist

My wife comes from a family that has no major issue with money. But she is a great saver and hard worker. When deciding to accept my proposal, she knew that I didn't make a lot of money from my job.

chelly

I think we have both come from the silver spoon side and the other side too; we understand the price of hard work and how to work for a dollar. Each family had their own bad times before so we can relate better than some can.