When Do You Reach Your Boiling Point?

Chrisitan

I have to say, I'm a pretty even-tempered guy. But the one thing that really burns my buttons is to see my child bully someone. I caught the little brat doing this to a smaller neighborhood boy today and I was livid. I really lost my temper and I grounded him for a month. I never do things like that and I'm usually able to reason with him and talk to him, but not today. Now, my wife and I are grounded too since one of us has to be here with him when he's home. I guess we could get a baby sitter but we can't do that a lot. Ahhhhhh.......:eek:

Sinbian

I'm even-tempered too but there are things that can make me very angry very quickly. I don't expect people that don't me to know this but I get annoyed when people that do know me very well like to push my buttons or disregard that my buttons are being pushed inadvertently.

Victor

I have a very quick temper in general that I have to watch. I've noticed that I'm much more likely to blow up at the kids when I am feeling time pressure. This morning, we overslept and had to get ready quickly for library story time, and I got angry a couple times because my 3 year old was lagging instead of getting ready to go.

On The Mark

The only time I ever lose my temper with my daughter is when she talks bad about other people. Maybe it's just a phase she's going through, but some of the ugly things that come out of that pretty little mouth of hers really chaps my hide.

Sinbian

As for the kids, we always tried not to yell at them but to explain why something is not good. That way they start figuring out what we don't like without developing a negative attitude towards our reaction.

Chrisitan

Those are triggers too. I don't generally lose it though and I've been able to hold my comments. I think a child will absorb negative talk even though it's said in the heat of the moment. It can be easy to say things if I don't watch it, but like I said, I generally am able to slough things off but some things I cannot ignore.