When do you shop?

Andersson

It took me a long time to realize that some of the best deals for any type of shopping always happen on the weekdays. Stores want to sell merchandise as soon as possible to roll out new deals that they get delivered, you guessed it - during the weekdays. Anyone up for a challenge? Buy on the weekday and weekend, same store, same products. :D

olderthandirt

With me it depends on the store. I've gotten to know my area stores so I know when they take deliveries and when their markdowns are scheduled.

Salazar

Most of the stores around here run their sales for one week at a time. The grocery stores, for example, run specials from Saturday to Saturday. I'll have to pay attention to some of the other stores to see if there are any mid-week sales.

Sinbian

My experience is that it depends on the store. But I will usually wait for the holidays anyways to buy bigger stuff because you can't beat those discounts.

Timothy

We typically shop on Monday or Tuesday afternoons. We used to shop on the weekends but somehow our shopping schedule got off and now we're shopping through the week instead.

BigPapa

I shop on Mondays and Tuesdays too for the most part. That is the first day of new sales. It is also the day that Kroger usually marks down the meat that they stocked up on the weekend. By the weekend, the shelves are usually cleared of sale items.

On The Mark

That's a good point Andersson. Most people shop on the weekends so the stores do mark-ups on those days. The weasels. I never really thought about it too much because I always do my shopping on the weekdays. Weekends are for yard work.