Where is mom?

Glenn

If you are a single dad, where is the mother? Do you share custody or is she out of the picture completely? Either way, I give you guys a lot of credit. I don't know what I would do in that situation.

crowl

I always wonder how a dad sits down to talk about this conversation. I came from a single mother, mostly. Dad was around just no where around us and I knew the issue since they split when I was older, but for little kids its gotta be tough.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I know of a single father. He has full custody as the mother did not want it. At least from my understanding. I only get one side of it as I have never met the mother.

ghanashyam

My wife expired two years back, my sons are adults and I wish to remain single, I had enough of life with woman, I am happily single and do not want to create mess for my children by inviting another old woman to share the life with me.

footballtim

Here is a tough situation. My wife had two parents, just like the old days before kids started raising themselves. But her evil mother was extremely abusive, and her father did not want to lose the kids so he put up with the mother's wickedness. The problem with that is that it left my wife and her brother with nowhere to go.

So where was mom? 95% of the time she was in bed dreaming about her old life in Norfolk, VA

youngone

I share custody with my son's mother. I had to go to court to win custody and gain weekend access rights. I do not like his mother and I have issues with how she is raising my son but there is not much I can do about it.

Jatelo2

I'm not a single father but thought to comment here since I have many single fathers as friends. One of the most interesting scenario is where my friends' girlfriend comes and drops the kid and then disappears without a trace to date. He is now a single father! what I wonder is how he would answer the kid one day concerning the mom's whereabouts!