Where to Bio Dads go for Support?

Scott

Hi guys... I'm brand new here and hoping someone can point me to the best forum (or other resource) to go to given my situation.

The short version: I'm a divorced single dad with 2 kids. I have a girlfriend of 3 years and we're working on blended family topics before we get formally engaged. I'm just getting frustrated because all the meetings, the magazines, the articles, are focused on the step-mom or the step-dad. Believe me, I very much get that the new family member has the most and biggest adjustments to make, but I can't seem to find any support for myself, the bio-dad in the equation. I have loads of fears and worries about entering a blended family, but am having a hard time finding books or articles or... well... anything that isn't telling the bio-parent they have to be more supportive if their partner taking on the step-parenting role.

Anyone know of a place to start looking?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
No clue, which is one reason I started the site. You can ask here, and we can try and help. I will have to look through, but I may have some e-mail discussion groups if you are interested that way.

Jerry F

It's a rough thing to do. You really have to have a lot of patience and be able to let go of a bunch of feelings. I wish you luck though. I know I had the best step-dad in the world but there are a lot of families who never get it together.