Who the heck is de la Malgue?

Dad Brad

My child is in the fourth grade. They had to make a poster on Paul de la Malgue and his contributions and importance. I have never heard of this person. Has anyone else? Even the Internet had very little information on the guy. What happened to George Washington and Jefferson and Lincoln? Why is someone who doesn't know who Jefferson was researching Malgue?

CHenne

Ha Ha! Been there! I have no idea who he is. My kids have had to do projects on people that I had no idea who they were too. Lucky for us the internet always had some information on them. Good luck!

Don

I didn't know who he was either. The kids in Georgia study history in about the seventh grade. When my daughter took the class, I think I learned as much she did.

Bear

You might have had better search results with the correct name. When you type it in Google search the name comes up as Paul Marin de la Malgue and there were 645,000 search results. That should be more than enough information for a poster.

Gavin

"Who the heck is de la Malgue?"

Beats me.

But if it's someone who made positive contributions to society, I wouldn't have a problem with my daughter doing a school project on the person.

I say "the person" because I don't even know if it's a male or female.

Dad Brad

De La Malgue

You might have had better search results with the correct name. When you type it in Google search the name comes up as Paul Marin de la Malgue and there were 645,000 search results. That should be more than enough information for a poster.
Bear, we did end up going with Paul Marin de la Malgue and found enough information to complete the assignment. The teacher's handout didn't have Paul on it, but I did come across the real name while researching. I hated to ask the teacher, because sometimes that's part of the assignment, just to see if we can be deductive enough to figure it out. Thanks for all the suggestions. I still wish that she had a little about Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. I'll be teaching them at home, I guess. They do get Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King early on.