Work stress and leaving it there

polamalu43

I have been so stressed out at work lately. I am to the point that I hate going in each day. I am trying my best to leave the stress at work but sometimes it is hard to do. Anyone have any pointers for me?

BigPapa

Working from home, I can't help but let the stress from work boil over into family time sometimes. It is just a mental switch you have to flip when you leave and don't let it interfere with your family time. I know it is hard to do, but you don't want to ruin your family over a job you hate.

polamalu43

Sometimes I actually take the long way home! I crank the music and beat on my steering wheel! I am trying to flip that switch before I get home. So far I haven't brought the stress home.

Sinbian

I would like to know as well how to solve this problem. We're humans and it's unnatural to put your feeling aside just because they are not directly related to you but your job.

Salazar

I think they key here is to talk out whatever is bothering you about work with your wife. My wife has always been very tolerant of listening to my career gripes and that really helps me to release it. Work is such a big part of our lives that leaving it at the door and not discussing it is almost impossible. The trick is you can't come home angry and take it out on the family.