Working over the holidays

Salazar

Does anyone here have to work Thanksgiving weekend? For the first time ever, I do. My wife is pretty aggravated because that's usually when we get the Christmas season kick started, but there isn't much I can do about it.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure I will be working in some sort of fashion. The life of owning a business. But I have had jobs before where I worked Thanksgiving. Even my first official job I worked Thanksgiving morning as the store was hope from 8am-Noon or 8am-2pm something like that. I remember I made it home just in time for food.

polamalu43

Nope! No work for me after Wednesday and I am going to try to sneak out early that day too. I Black Friday shop with my wife. Over the weekend we wrap gifts and decorate.

Andersson

I have had to do this a few times but I never enjoyed it other than being able to have customers tell me that I should already be off the clock & home with the family. I also remember being stuck in traffic one year and missing dinner completely, thankfully I do not need to do that anymore.

BigPapa

Since, I work from home, I will be able to take the day off. I have had jobs where I had to work on the holidays before though.

Salazar

Thankfully, I don't have to work Thanksgiving day, but I do have to go into the office Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My father-in-law told me I shouldn't be complaining because I'm fortunate to have the great job that I do in this economy. I know he's right, but I can't help moaning just a little!

Victor

I work from home and will be doing a little work on Thanksgiving. It won't take me long though, so I'm not sweating it. Besides, I want to take a couple weeks off at Christmas so I'm trying to make money now since I won't be making it then.

Timothy

I work an office job but luckily, we'll have Thanksgiving and Black Friday off. I've always been somewhat lucky in that all the jobs I've had have been at places that close for Thanksgiving.

Don

I'm taking Thursday and Friday off, but will probably work at least part of the day on Saturday. I'm not sure if this will happen, however, since my wife is talking about doing some Christmas shopping, but we'll see.

Andersson

When it comes to working on the holidays be thankful if you are not in retail. I know some people really hate their jobs during this time of the year and get stuck working the crazy shifts as they call them.