Banana and Weight

ghanashyam

There is popular myth that banana add the weight to the body. But the scholars say, banana have no direct link with weight gain. According to scholars banana have carbs which give energy to be more active and the their mineral potassium keep the blood pressure lower.
The only thing is that in general principle is that too much of it must be avoided.

Victor Leigh

That's right. Moderation is the key to good health. I, myself, love eating bananas. Used to be, I could finish a whole comb of bananas in one sitting. Now I eat only a couple a week.

Foster

I'm with Victor on this. Anything you eat can add weight to the body so should be eaten in moderation. The carbs in a banana do give energy which is why they are good for people who are doing some kind of fitness training.

NoRisk

If you actually believe eating a few bananas will make you gain weight then you really are gullable. Bananas are a great source of energy and are really good for you.

That being said, isn't it obvious that too much will no doubt be bad?

Victor

If you actually believe eating a few bananas will make you gain weight then you really are gullable. Bananas are a great source of energy and are really good for you.

That being said, isn't it obvious that too much will no doubt be bad?
I have never heard of bananas being linked to weight gain before and I'm puzzled as to why anyone would think a normal intake of bananas would be an issue.

Lorenzo

We always have a banana after every meal. This was a habit I've inherited from my Dad and am now passing on to my own family. I don't know much about the connection of bananas and weight gain, but seeing my dad and other family members, I don't think this study holds true. Have monkeys gained weight from eating too much banana (or is that a stupid question)?

FrankSinatra

I never heard of anyone believing that eating bananas will make you fat. That seems pretty counterproductive; eat your fruits and veggies...but you are still going to get fat.

chea

Well carbs add weight to the body and bananas are a high source of carbs. Fast digesting carbs, but carbs none the less. I'm on a weight gain diet, and bananas are on my grocery list. So yeah, I can say that bananas will ad weight to the body.

youngone

Banana adds weight to the body? This doesn't really make sense. Bananas are a high-sugar fruit and high-sugar fruits are not ideal for people trying to lose weight but you would need to eat a calorie surplus to gain weight, irrespective of what you are eating.

joeldgreat

Never know how banana can increase weight. Its one of my favorite fruit and I eat it almost everyday as a source of fiber. For me, its the rice (and not the banana) that keeps me in gaining weight. And I need to control it by doing exercise everyday.

chea

Never know how banana can increase weight. Its one of my favorite fruit and I eat it almost everyday as a source of fiber. For me, its the rice (and not the banana) that keeps me in gaining weight. And I need to control it by doing exercise everyday.
Yup, rice too. Because rice is a good source of carbohydrates and carbohydrates cause weight gain. Bananas are a fast digesting carbohydrate, if I'm not mistaken, so they aren't as bad as things like brown rice or potatoes, but they still cause weight gain.

Here is a link to a hardgainers diet plan, just to give you all an idea of what a person who is trying to gain weight would eat:

HardGainer's Diet: A Complete Meal Plan | HardGainer's Guide