How did you meet their mother?

erin

I'm watching How I Met Your Mother and just wondered if anyone here had any good stories for how they met their signicant other--past or present.

Mine's boring. We met at church.

Andersson

I doubt any real story is boring no matter where you actually met. I met my better half through a mutual friend and it was not into many years later than we finally got together, ever hear of a long courtship? :)

BigPapa

We met on Myspace of all places. We had mutual friends on there and we started talking. Neither of us was hip on online dating or any of that stuff but we had a lot in common. After a few months we decided to meet. It has been almost a decade now and it was one of the best choices we ever made.

Foster

I met my wife at work, I was going through a difficult break up and she started work there. She was with someone at the time but we became friends and would go for a drink together.

FrankSinatra

I met her in college through a mutual friend and some drunken, blacked out party. We used to hang out all the time before it got romantic. We would drink and smoke together and just hang out and have fun and never thought anything about it. I don't know how it happened but we ended up together.

ghanashyam

Well, her mother and my mother were both friends and they decided to keep their friendship live by bringing their siblings together. It worked fine except that her mother died before our marriage and my wife died 2 years back. All is gone now.

youngone

I met the mother of my son at a bar (bad I know). We started talking and there was good chemistry, we went back to mine and had sex on the first night (bad I know). The bad signs were there from the beginning, I should have known!

Miller

We met through mutual friends, although both of us refused our matchmaker friends for as long as we possibly could. Continual prodding by one of the friends made us finally agree to a date just to get the friend to stop the prodding. Who knows? The friend was right.

tommymac

Personally, I think that the mother in "How I Met Your Mother" is Barney's sister.

I met my daughter's mother at a party. A mutual friend introduced us.

GC856723

I doubt any real story is boring no matter where you actually met. I met my better half through a mutual friend and it was not into many years later than we finally got together, ever hear of a long courtship? :)
Depends, how long? I met my son's mother at her 16th birthday party. We didn't get together till she was 22, almost 23 hahaha

Essentially, ours is the same story. Mutual friend. Leaving it at that. ;)

GC856723

I met the mother of my son at a bar (bad I know). We started talking and there was good chemistry, we went back to mine and had sex on the first night (bad I know). The bad signs were there from the beginning, I should have known!
Red flags appear everywhere, it's just up to us to see them or not. My ex-wife? Yeah, major red flag when she vanished on a day she was supposedly with her mother. Her mom calls our landline asking for her. Well, needless to say... 8 hours later she finally comes home. No note. We weren't just dating at this point, oh no. We were married. Turns out her excuse was "I was at the mall filling out applications and ran into an old friend of mine. I hadn't seen him in years." And then, months later, this is the guy she leaves me for. I treat her well. He treats her like ****. Why is it that I'm the one left in the cold, eh? Who knows...

The point? Yeah, bad signs are everywhere. Just glad she never had my child haha

FrankSinatra

Dude...condoms are anal were invented for a reason. BE MORE CAREFUL!