Indecent Proposals to Married Men?

Sinbian

I would love to hear how you fathers handle unexpected "indecent proposals" from women? Not a lot of women will openly ask you out but for the ones that do, how do you explain that you are married, or maybe don't? :)

writer811

I'm not married, but I know what I'd do in that situation and I have kind of a unique answer so I'll go ahead and reply anyway. I'm a polyamorist, I believe in loving multiple people if the situation arises. I would talk to my wife/wives and/or husband/husbands and see what they would think about me dating someone else. If they're ok with it, and chances are that they are, I would probably go for it. So long as it isn't just meaningless sex.

polamalu43

Thanks for the compliment but you must have missed the ring on my finger. I'm the happiest man alive, I married my best friend. I hope that someday you find your best friend and marry him too.

joeldgreat

I'm a married person and loved my family so much. Its the mean reason why I looked younger than my exact age. Its because my family gives me so much joy and happiness that I would not exchange for a few hours of dishonestly. Sorry for hurting your feelings, but I can't do it.

Timothy

I would love to hear how you fathers handle unexpected "indecent proposals" from women? Not a lot of women will openly ask you out but for the ones that do, how do you explain that you are married, or maybe don't? :)
This has never happened to me before, but if it ever did, I would just say, "I'm flattered by your interest but I'm happily married." I could not and would not EVER risk ruining my marriage and losing my best friend by taking a woman up on an indecent proposal. It's just not worth it!!

Miller

I just laugh and say, "thanks." Then I tell her I know she was just kidding and that my wife would kill me if I ever did something like that. I also need my wife to help me take care of all these children.

Regis

"I wish I would have met you five years ago but the right one came along and now I'm stuck." Not that I feel stuck but I'd make it into a joke.

psmith140

I am a young father of 2. I was on the train not that long ago and a woman started chatting me up, asking if I wanted to go back to her house!!! It does happen - albiet minor. I would never cheat on my wife, I am hers and she is mine.

themdno

I'd go back to her place, and see what happens :)

Just kidding, just kidding. I wouldn't cheat on my wife, but I might take a picture of the girl and see if the misses was interested...you never know. Most women like other women, as long as they're hot enough.

Oh, and by the way, there has to be a few liars in this thread. Every response has said they wouldn't do it.

Victor Leigh

I have only experienced that once and she was the wife of someone I knew. So that's exactly what I told her, that she was married to someone I knew. So no deal. I have had relationships with other women who were married but I found out only later. After the relationship was over.

Enrique

When I was working in the Call Center industry a couple of years ago, an office mate walked up to my cubicle and handed me the key to her apartment, and told me flirtatiously not to be late. When I got over my initial shock, I smiled, shook my head and pointed at my ring. She got the message and left.

I love my wife and my kids. If I make a mistake once, I will never be able to look at myself or my family again. It is never worth it.

Victor

I would just say "Thanks but I'm married". I find myself attracted to other women on occasion but it'd never be worth losing my wife and family.

Victor Leigh

I would just say "Thanks but I'm married". I find myself attracted to other women on occasion but it'd never be worth losing my wife and family.
That's right. No point in sacrificing something which is sure and steady for something that is fleeting and uncertain.

Bear

Thmdno I think you are probably right on both counts actually. My wife and I also believe in polyamory, and we have at one time or another had long term relationships with other couples, other women, and other men. I am sure that it's not for everyone, but it does work for us and our relationship is as rock solid as it has always been. We just celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary this week, but we have been together twice that long.

themdno

Thanks Bear, I know there has to be some cheaters in here!

You're right too, it's not for everybody, but if you both can be adults about it, it's not that big of a deal to have someone else involved in the relationship. But, the key is, both being adults about it. Most people can't do that. It's no big deal, it's just like you said, it's not for everyone.

Victor Leigh

When I was working in the Call Center industry a couple of years ago, an office mate walked up to my cubicle and handed me the key to her apartment, and told me flirtatiously not to be late. When I got over my initial shock, I smiled, shook my head and pointed at my ring. She got the message and left.

I love my wife and my kids. If I make a mistake once, I will never be able to look at myself or my family again. It is never worth it.
The bigger danger is that after you have done it once, you may do it again. And again. And again.

Bear

Thanks Bear, I know there has to be some cheaters in here!

You're right too, it's not for everybody, but if you both can be adults about it, it's not that big of a deal to have someone else involved in the relationship. But, the key is, both being adults about it. Most people can't do that. It's no big deal, it's just like you said, it's not for everyone.
Anytime! I know too many men that DO cheat to think that you are ever going to get a large group of men (or women for that matter) together and not have a few who have stepped out at one time or another. Having someone else involved in your relationship is definitely not for everyone, and for the majority of people I wouldn't recommend it, because they are already not 100% honest with each other about everything. My wife and I have been together since we were 14 years old, and have been married for 9 years. We "grew-up" while we were already in a relationship with each other and that seems to make a difference. Most couples we encounter who participate in the same lifestyle choices we do are usually a good bit older than we are, and have been together for a long time.

JoshTheBoss

I'm not married, but I know what I'd do in that situation and I have kind of a unique answer so I'll go ahead and reply anyway. I'm a polyamorist, I believe in loving multiple people if the situation arises. I would talk to my wife/wives and/or husband/husbands and see what they would think about me dating someone else. If they're ok with it, and chances are that they are, I would probably go for it. So long as it isn't just meaningless sex.
That's the best kind though!

:cool:

josephconrad

If I didn't believe in God I would probably do it, but as it stands I could never feel right about it morally. Not only that, I would feel badly for my wife and children after I did it; it wouldn't be fair to them to have a husband/father that was fooling around on the side. I will say that I won't look down my nose at those who have slipped up and say I would never do such a thing. I would HOPE I wouldn't do such a thing. You never really know for sure until it happens- same as in war.